By experimenting with print techniques, mediums and materials, I plan to create a collection of work that showcases the unique outcome of analogue processes. I want to make people aware that everything design and the programs that come with it are all based on history and analogue processes.
- faded poster color by leaving it in the sun, thus burning an image into the paper through the fade.
- using bleach to remove pigment from textiles to create an image
- relief print using various objects
- printing on wallpaper
- mixing paper types to make a large piece of paper
- bleach leather
- encaustic monoprints
- using wax and a stencil to create an image
- etching into persperex glass and paint stripper
- texture rubbings
- decoupage/wheatp aste/collage
I was also looking at the elements that design and printmkaing share
- basic elements of design are:
- these same principles can be applied not only to printmaking but many other art forms
etching on perspex glass with paint stripper
I am still unsure what the final delivery should be. Possible a collection or show of some sort. Possible a series that connected that a central theme. I could make merchandise as well. I think the exploration will start to generate ideas.