Thursday, February 12, 2015

Response to Portfolio Reading

Super helpful article. The best thing to know when branding ourselves as designers and building an online presence is knowing the worst things. I totally agree with the simple navigation aspect, I don't think there is anything wrong with a simple scroll and maybe one organizational links to reorganize work into more focused areas of focus.

Take a look at how ilovedust allows you to reorganize the content.





I always found it sort of obvious to not include music in the background and have a list of ways to get in contact with me. I am baffled that even 1% did not have any way to contact them. And background music was always distracting to me, especially if it is music that I do not like. I believe it might give away a personality or give off a certain vibe. I want people to be listening to their own music and in a good mental state when viewing my work and let the work speak for itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment