Friday, February 6, 2015

Mood Boards, Sketches, etc

























For my mood boards I did two, one more midwest, vintage, colorful, vector, music, etc based. I really love the colors that happen here, especially purples and pinks, as well as orange reds and yellows. I think that the midwest is a very warm color area. For my other one I did a more modern, dynamic, clean, and "designerly" look. A pretty pale color palette, it is pretty monotone. But that doesn't mean color can't be brought into it!



















































I really enjoy this sort of old fashioned cartoon face of me. It seems kind of timeless and does not really hold me down to a specific style or area of design. It is a first draft so more can be done but I did a couple different versions of him and i think he could be applied in many ways. It is approachable and fun, and with a cigar or wink I think it is that much more fun. It has some classic heavy typewriter type that is also not intimidating, as well as some classic patch elements like circles and stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment