Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Experimental

My experimental is experimental along the lines of composition. I wanted to play with how our quote is versatile depending on which word you might read first. By arranging four prints in this square, a square is formed in the middle, and the text is all arranged around a piece of square furniture. I think that this layout gives the audience the freedom to turn the paper, pick it up, interact with it, and ultimately determine how THEY want to view it or hang it up. The reader gets a power or control that they normally don't get to have.

Unfortunately I ran into some snags with this set up, because I was using a piece of wooden furniture to align everything around it was near impossible to get everything straight. The pieces of furniture are not perfect and have imperfections due to ware and tear.






No comments:

Post a Comment